This page has moved to a new address.

I'm not a Mummy Blogger but...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: I'm not a Mummy Blogger but...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday 10 August 2011

I'm not a Mummy Blogger but...


So I don't really consider myself a 'mummy blogger', just because I am a mum and I blog doesn't automatically put me in that category does it? (Not that there is anything wrong with being a mummy blogger...) I just I don't really know where my blog fits into the whole scheme of things, craft/lifestyle/personal blog perhaps?
Generally I steer clear of giving opinions on parenting etc... because everyone lives there life differently so who am I to say what's what, but today I feel the need to share an experience with you and get some advice.

This morning I took Emma to a music class for toddlers, you know the ones that I mean, sit in a circle, clap and sing, then everyone gets a turn at an instrument...it was a trial class to see if we liked it before paying hundreds of dollars in enrollment fees.
Emma liked it, and apart from it being a little bit more structured from what she is used to, she had a relatively good time. I on the other hand, was bored out of my brain!
The thought of me having to sit through and participate in the class week after week, and sing the same songs (because the kids love routine and structure), makes me shudder.

So here are my questions...
Is it unreasonable of me to expect to be entertained by these kids activities that we parents are obliged to attend, especially when one is paying $20ish per class?

Does this make me a 'bad mum'? God knows I sit through enough tea parties and wiggles CD's to score me a few good mummy brownie points.

Should I just 'suck it up' and resign myself to the fact that this is how it's going to be forever, or should I save myself the $$ and do something we both enjoy?

All opinions are welcome...

Labels: ,