This page has moved to a new address.

Modern Times...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Modern Times...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Saturday 21 May 2011

Modern Times...

I had the pleasure of visiting the Modern Times Pop Up Shop in St Kilda today and meeting Amy and Joel, the master minds behind this little retail gem. Amy told me that their original intention was to buy a couple of furniture pieces for their own home from a Danish dealer, but one or two pieces ended up being a container, and Modern Times was born.
Like many of you, I have always had a love of the elegant design and simple lines of Mid century Danish furniture, so for me this show room was a little slice of heaven. Like a kid in a candy store, there I was opening draws and sliding open little cupboards.

Prices were very reasonable for the quality of the pieces, and quite a few of the ones I hearted had already snaffled up by lucky folk at last nights opening party. The only thing I got to take home were these camera phone photos :)
I'm really crushing on the giant lino cut balloon prints by Ellie Malin that you can see in the top left photo. Mr Man is not to enamoured, but I may go and visit in a couple of weeks and see if its still there...
The shop is only open for 3 weeks so pop in if you are in the area...

Labels: