This page has moved to a new address.

Accidental Collections...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Accidental Collections...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday 15 November 2009

Accidental Collections...

Is it just me or does anyone else have accidental collections? I've been tidying up the place, trying to find spots for everything and have realised that I have unintentionally started accumulating bits and pieces (mainly from op shops and flea markets) that started off as a single and now have at least 3 of! Can't walk past and orange enamel teapot, only paid a few dollars for the 1st one, will probably pay quite a bit for subsequent ones. Can justify paying more now that I collect them!
Apart from all of my fabrics and habby (which is getting to quite a ridiculous level now) I probably have about 5 things that I really look for when out and about. The one that really took me by surprise was the abacuses. I bought most of them recently for Fleamarket finds and couldn't bear to part with them.
The hangers I'm fascinated with and have found ones and twos in op-shops all around the place. Can anyone tell me more about them? They have woven covers on them made of plastic. I'm really smitten and have yet to find the perfect way to display them, they are too pretty to be hidden by clothes.
Tell me about your accidental collections, if you have a blog do a post with a link in the comments, I'd love to know...